Thu, 14 Apr|
UNITEC room, Auckland Botanic Gardens
Make a worm farm from pallets
In this workshop, The ReCreators will teach you to safely use tools to construct a worm farm from heat-treated pallet timber.
Time & Location
14 Apr 2022, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
UNITEC room, Auckland Botanic Gardens , 102 Hill Road, The Gardens, Auckland 2105, New Zealand
About the Event
Proudly supported by Live Lightly - Auckland Council and part of the Beautification Trust's Eye on Nature event. In this workshop, The ReCreators will teach you to safely use tools to construct a worm farm from heat-treated pallet timber. You will leave with the skills and know how to make your own wooden worm farm, plus a FREE bokashi bin and in-ground worm farm.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- deconstruct a pallet
- use a jig saw, drill and sander in detail
- access tools in a sustainable, circular way
- identify the wood variation in different pallets
- make a wooden worm farm from heat-treated pallet timber
- make and use a bokashi bin and in-ground worm farm (which you get to take home)
The group of 10 people will be placed into teams where each will deconstruct a pallet and construct one tier of the warm farm and then join together.
Please wear covered shoes and tightish clothes. You will be working outside so dress for the weather conditions and bring a drink bottle/ snacks.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask and maintain social distancing.
- This event will take place under a large, open-sided stretch tent. This provides shade and rain cover, while also allowing airflow through the space.